- Free delivery & installation on all items over £250, within a 35 mile radius
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and date of birth
- Contact information including telephone number, address, post code and email address
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
Depending on the information gathered, we may need to process it in various ways. This may include the monitoring of sales and payments on your account and the balance owed by you.
Extended Warranties: Where agreed by you we will use your information for the processing of extended warranties on applicable products. This means we will pass your information to the manufacturer for this purpose only.
Sub Contractors: If you require aerial work / gas installation / electrical work we will need to pass your information on to the relavent sub-contractor. We will only pass the information relevent to the job (such as name and address) This will be exlained to you at the time of booking and only done with your consent.
Where we Store your Data
We store data in such a way where it is necessary to fulfil your requests and requirements in respect of our products and services.
How long do we retain your data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any accounting or legal requirements.
What is your right to object under data protection laws?
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when:
We are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the “How do we use your data” section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can excercise by contacting us. The way to do this is by emailing email@example.com.
Right of access
- You are entitled to receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information. You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
Right to rectification
- You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Right to restriction
- You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- You think we hold inaccurate personal information about you; or
- Where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the “How do we use your data” section above) and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.
- Where you exercise your right to restrict us from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage purposes and to handle legal claims.
Right to data portability
- You have the right to receive the personal information we hold about you in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organization controlling your personal information.
Right to erasure
- You have the right to require us to erase your personal information and we will do so in the following circumstances:
- Where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- Where we needed your consent to use your personal information and you have withdrawn your consent;
- When you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling your personal information;
- If our handling of your personal information has broken the law;
- When we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
Right to Complain
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
If you have signed up for our newsletter
If you have opted in to sign up to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to provide you with marketing communications.
When we send you marketing emails, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes. If you would ever like to unsubscribe from receiving them please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|